Career Development and Management Guru (CDMGURU) are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and other users of our websites and services. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how you may access and correct personal information held about you.
Where you provide us with your personal information, in person, by email, through this website or through any of our other international websites or offices, we will endeavour to ensure that such information remains private and is only used in accordance with this policy. By providing us with your personal information, you also consent for us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Collection of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect and hold is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our functions and activities as a recruitment agency and career advisors.
CDMGURU may collect your personal information from you, including (without limitation) your name, contact details, qualifications, work history, your right to work in a particular country, languages spoken, professional memberships and accreditations, your work objectives and other information from your CV. If you are to be considered for a particular position, we may also collect references from your nominated referees. All the personal information we collect is held, used and disclosed for the purposes set out below.
1.1 Whom We Share It with
We will send the personal data of our applicants, workforce suppliers and temporary employees to CDMGURU customers and/or agents who are acting on our behalf to provide you employment or project opportunities.
We occasionally use other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as drug and background screening, payroll processing services, psychometric evaluations or skills and to those who also provide services to us, such as professional advisers, IT consultants, mailing houses and function coordinators. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CDMGURU. CDMGURU may also collect and report demographic data, (e.g. what percentage of our employees are college graduates) to customers, marketing companies, or as required by law. If we do collect and report this demographic information, we remove any unique personally identifiable information (name, address, etc.) that would attach you to this demographic data. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and more precisely determine how to improve our services to you. We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above. If CDMGURU merges with or is acquired by another business, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business and their advisers and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such an event.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you; and
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
- We may not process your application
1.2 Choice: Opt Out/Opt In
CDMGURU offers its customers, candidates, workforce suppliers, and employees choices about receiving further communications from us, uses of information beyond the purposes for which it was provided, and transferring data to third parties. CDMGURU obtains consent for any information deemed sensitive.
The amount of personal information you are required to supply will normally be limited to that which is necessary to supply the services you requested. For users of CDMGURU, we may periodically send you updates via e-mail to alert you to workshop or jobs in our database that match your criteria. We may also send you e-mails regarding other career or promotional opportunities. When we request personal data about you, we also give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications. The database is automatically updated when you opt out.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
CDMGURU holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our Job Alerts;
- to match your coded details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you provide your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal information will be accessible by our offices.
- Privacy on Our Websites
- Submitting your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) and applying for jobs. You may submit your CV by email to CDMGuru, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or for a career or résumé Once submitted, your CV will be registered on our central database. This database, including your personal information, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working at CDMGuru. If you are accepted onto our database, our recruitment consultants may contact you to set up an interview in person. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV via CDMGURU website.
- Aggregate information about website visitors. We gather information and statistics about all visitors to our website, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the information does not identify any one individual). This information helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our websites and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We also publish some of this aggregate (non-identifiable) information on the CDMGURU websites.
- Cookies uses Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our websites. The information collected is used to improve how our websites work or the effectiveness of our web services to you. Information collected include (but not limited to) your login details, to track web traffic on an aggregate basis and to keep session information in cache to assist your use of our website, such as your last search (however, this information is disposed of every time you close your web browser). You may wish to opt out by turning off cookies (please refer to the help menu on your browser) however, switching off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
- Access to Personal Information
You may request access to or updating of your personal information held at CDMGURU by contacting us as set out below. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. Where you request your personal information to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal information of such dispute. You may also request that CDMGURU stops using your information and contacting you and we will comply with your request. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients.
- Correcting or updating information held by CDMGURU
CDMGURU take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
CDMGURU takes reasonable steps to keep personal information secure, accurate and up to date. The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal information by implementing digital security systems in various parts of our website, CDMGURU cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. Where we have links to websites outside CDMGURU, we cannot ensure that your privacy will be protected in accordance with this policy. You should consult these other websites’ privacy policies as we have no control over them and are not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Our privacy principles represent our commitment to ensuring that your personal information is safe and secure. If you believe that CDMGURU has not adhered to these principles and practices, contact us at email@example.com and we will work diligently to promptly determine and remedy the problem.