Our client is a Chartered Accountancy Firm that is listed in the BRW top 100 accounting firms in Australia. It is a well-established Company – over 50 years young and growing with a list of clients in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide and Queensland.
With many of their senior staff now having over 10 years’ of service with the firm, their clients benefit from continuity and accountants who really understand their business. They have a diverse client base covering:
- Aged, community & disability care
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Sales & distribution
- Information technology
- Professional & commercial services
- High-net-worth families
Based in Sydney with a Branch in Adelaide the Firm provides a variety of Accountancy services including Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory and Consultancy, Tax & Accounting services, and SMSF consultancy.
The vacancy is in their Audit and Assurance team headed up by a Managing Partner. The Audit and Assurance team provides a range of services, including:
- Statutory audits
- Internal audits
- Risk-based audits
- Grant acquittals
- Efficiency reviews of accounting and management systems
- Due diligence reviews
- Unique “audit-ready” assignments
Our Client is looking for a Senior Auditor who can join the Audit and Assurance team. It is important that the right person is committed to getting to know their Clients’ business – ensuring that the Firm’s Clients can have confidence in the financial information of their business.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage audit jobs, lead engagements and supervise staff to completion.
- Evaluate financial and business risk and design audit programs to minimise and or mitigate risk
- Developing & strengthening the relationships between the firm & their clients
- Acting as the point of contact between Clients, Partners and engagement teams
- Presentation of audit reports and discussion of issues with engagement team
- Management, development and mentorship of Junior audit team staff
- Audit SMSFs (if experienced)
Our Client offers applicants the opportunity to join a mid-tier firm that is large enough to provide a challenging environment, whilst still being small enough so you “don’t get lost”. The heart of any professional services Firm is the calibre and integrity of the team. Our Client is looking for candidates that are not only confident and motivated, but who are also methodical, logical and reliable.
Based in non-CBD Sydney the successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Company Auditor with relevant Accounting qualifications
- Have 2 – 5 years auditing experience in an established Financial Services Firm
- Being a Registered SMSF Auditor would be preferred but not essential
- Demonstrate a proven track record of exceptional performance in building and maintaining strong client relationships throughout the audit process
- Have extensive knowledge of current Australian audit standards
- Have a high level of Client focus and Accountancy Firm business acumen
- Be a strong team player
- You will be a driven individual and can demonstrate exceptional communication and confidence inspiring skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and exposure to Audit software
- Be confident, focused & highly motivated as well as methodical, logical and reliable
An attractive salary package ($60k – $80k depending on experience) is available with favourable long term career prospects. Applicants looking for an immediate start are highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the Apply for this Job button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. As such, the candidate’s visa or residency status will be checked.
Alternatively, you may be interested in one of these similar positions which can be found on our website Jobs Board:
Senior Auditor – Vacancy for a Partner – Brisbane
An impending Partnership Vacancy has created a fantastic opportunity for Senior Auditing role as a Partner in a well-established Top 100 Accounting Firm based in South East QLD. Are you a person who has extensive experience in Auditing and Superannuation, an exceptional performer who is focussed on superior client service?
Senior Accountant – Immediate Partnership Opportunity – Sydney
Looking for a Partnership Opportunity in a Chartered Accounting Firm? If you have an outstanding track record providing business and taxation, investment, and superannuation advice and strategies, then this opportunity could lead to an attractive Partnership with the Firm. Apply now!
Accountant Jobs – Contract/Part Time/Permanent – Wollongong/ Illawarra/ South Coast NSW
Wanting a change or to re-enter the workforce? A choice of position tenures to match your needs. If you already have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, this Firm will provide the training and mentoring that will further progress your career within a fast growing accountancy firm.
Accountant – Illawarra
Looking to progress your career with an affordable lifestyle near the beach? A minimum of 2–3 years’ work experience in a Chartered Accountancy firm is required and have or be working towards Chartered Accountant status.
If, however, none of these roles are quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please call us or email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest