About the Position
A newly created Part time / Contract position offering an experienced Professional (particularly in tax small to medium enterprise business advisory and consultancy) the opportunity to work with young and innovative teams with a quality family friendly work/life balance in a suburban environment.
The purpose of this Senior Accountant position is to manage a range of compliance and business advisory matters for a portfolio of clients.
You will enjoy working in an Inner-west Brisbane suburb, in modern well-appointed offices, conveniently located close to public transport train/bus. There is also free undercover car parking.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of Client financial accounts/reports for individuals/sole traders, partnerships, trusts and companies
- Preparation of Tax returns and associated documentation (including BAS, IAS and FBT documentation)
- Provision of wealth creation advisory services (Net Worth reporting, Budgeting, Asset protection, Estate planning, etc)
- Providing business planning and strategy coaching (Business valuations, KPI development and monitoring, Business planning, Benchmarking, etc)
- Working with the partners to recommend value add to clients regarding client risk, business development and additional service offering opportunities
- Display high personal standards of professionalism, cleanliness, presentation and punctuality
- Protect and maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in performing duties and professional responsibilities
This is a great opportunity to join well-established, successful firms that truly value their staff and who have created a culture that people want to be a part of.
This is a permanent part time position or can be a contract role.
For you to succeed in the role, you will need to have strong and effective communications skills, with a sound Tax background that will be vital. Ideally you will have the following attributes and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an Accounting CA or CPA Practice (particularly in Taxation)
- Australian tertiary qualification in a Bachelor of Commerce (or similar), majoring in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with client meetings and the subtleties of Client liaison, confidentiality and relationship generation
- Skilled in advising clients on ways to remain compliant and improve their businesses
- Thorough knowledge and experience with multiple accounting software packages Xero and MYOB is essential , QuickBooks, Reckon
- Proven ability to complete assignments accurately, on-time and within budgets
- A strong commitment to delivering superior Client service
This is a senior Part-time or Contract role within the company with a market competitive salary package. It includes an attractive reward and recognition programme (including performance bonuses.)
HOW TO APPLY:
If these positions sound ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the online application button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for the respective position. As such, the candidate’s residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest.