Our client is a reputable long established well-known & highly respected accounting firm servicing the Illawarra area NSW. Their practice specialises in Business Services, Advisory, Tax, Audit and Financial Investments. They pride themselves on combining the benefits of a strong institutional foundation & performance-focused culture. They deliver a superior service for their clients through vision, innovation, expertise, strong leadership & quality partnerships.
This client is seeking a full time Personal Assistant to the Partners and Senior Accounting Team Members. The role is one which presents challenge and variety on a daily basis. The role includes administering the Practice Debtors, wages and staff leave, as well as Banking systems for the Practice. Further, you will ensure that administrative systems are streamlined and effective by reviewing electronic systems to create a paperless office using leading edge technology.
The Personal Assistant also directly manages the Partners’ Diaries, meetings and conferences – a key office management role within this highly respected accounting firm.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the office administrative functions
- Maintaining the Debtors System, including data entry, Debtor follow up and write-offs as instructed by the Partners
- Managing the Wages system, including processing wages and chequing, PAYG Payment Summaries, and maintenance of leave rosters
- Managing Banking and Petty Cash reconciliations and Trust Account transfers
- Handling financial statement and audit documentation including lodgement of ASIC forms and annual statements
- Investigating, improving, and streamlining the office functions by reviewing electronic systems, streamlining processes, and reducing waste and costs
- Managing Partners/Principals diaries and communications – including meeting and conference coordination and follow up actions
- Building strong networks and relationships with clients and their EAs
- Supervising other administrative staff and relieve the Receptionist from time to time
This is a rare & exciting opportunity to join a well-established, successful firm that truly values their staff & who have created a culture that people want to be a part of. It is essential that the successful applicant is well skilled in multi-tasking and is innovative, professional and confidential at all times, with exceptional communication and relationship skills.
Based in Illawarra District the successful candidate will have:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a PA or Office Manager in a chartered or public accounting practice
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills to foster trusted and professional relationships
- Sound skills and knowledge in office financials (banking, billing, invoicing, Debtor management), meeting and secretariat procedure, and electronic data systems and processes
- A proven ability to use own judgement to effectively manage workloads and prioritise tasks
- A high degree of personal commitment to the delivery of high quality work and to innovate in streamlining administrative systems
- An intermediate to advanced skills within Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Handy Tax, MYOB, Xero, and BGL CAS LITE software
- Have excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Have high standards when it comes to attitude and presentation
This is a permanent full time role with an excellent salary (negotiable) and excellent working conditions. An immediate start is available for the right person to hit the ground running.
If this position sounds ideal for you and/or if you would like more information, please complete your application & submit your covering letter & resume via
Like us on Facebook
If this role is not quite right for you, however you are a looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please submit your application as a general enquiry detailing your ideal next career move.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. As such, the candidate’s visa or residency status will be checked.
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website and Facebook page. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, résumé, and interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
Thank you for your time and your interest.
To apply for this job please visit cdmguru.com.