Our Client is a progressive and well-established landscaping company specialising in the creation of safe & enjoyable outdoor play areas for children at newly developed childcare centres. These are solid, profitable, good quality contracts across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Our Client is proud to be known for their high standards and meticulous attention to detail in all areas of their operations.
This growing company is currently looking for a hard-working and genuine landscaping crew members – a qualified Carpenter with landscaping experience – with a proven record of meeting rigorous quality and safety standards.
This hands-on role requires you to bring your neat and detailed carpentry skills to the team with your common goal to complete each project on-time, within budget and to detailed job specifications, and similarly looking after tools and equipment as if they are your own. We seek a strong, positive crew member with proven expertise in carpentry to a very high standard.
The job involves a 3 weeks on -1 week off roster. Working 6 days a week (Sundays off) you return to Base (Gold Coast) after the 3 week part of the roster. Paid weekly as a full-time employee you also have 4-weeks paid annual leave with full sick leave and superannuation entitlements. The successful candidates will be based in Gold Coast region and will travel to projects in metropolitan and regional areas across QLD, NSW and Victoria. All flights/travel to and from the Gold Coast and all accommodation will be paid for by the company, including transport for business and personal use whilst interstate.
- Stability of a full-time permanent position due to a steady pipeline of upcoming projects
- Shared profit bonuses for completing projects on-time and within budget, and for return of all tools and equipment undamaged and in good condition
- Quality accommodation provided (eg shared AirBNB, motel, home stays etc not caravan accommodation)
- All accommodation and transport costs included
- No quoting or job-winning required
- 3 weeks shutdown over Christmas
This is an honest, clean living company and expects high standards of its staff, including a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol on the job.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Set out, installation and finish treatments of carpentry items including but not limited to decks, pergolas, arbours, planter boxes, retaining walls, sand pit copings, custom play items.
- Installation of other landscape & playground materials including but not limited to drainage, soft scapes, irrigation systems, hard scapes, play equipment, shade structures and surface treatments.
- Assist Leading Hands and perform tasks as reasonably directed.
- Assist with site set out, particularly with regard to finish levels and layout
- Carry out any prestart checks on plant/equipment before use and record data
- Responsible for completing projects on-time and on-budget
- Assist in the development of SHWMS
- Ensure tools/equipment are packed away safely/securely and put away in the truck
- Maintain truck, equipment and container in good working order and secure and locked when not in use.
- Adhere to all Work Health and Safety Policies including random drugs and alcohol testing and conducting daily Toolbox Talks
The successful candidate will have:
- Carpentry trade qualifications together with experience in a commercial landscaping company
- Experience in maintaining security and housekeeping of tools/equipment/materials left on site during day and or overnight.
- Experience safely operating mini loader and excavator
- Competent and safe use of all power/air/motorised/battery operated tools/equipment
- Current Manual Drivers Licence
- Have or ability to obtain the relevant working-with-children certifications:
- Blue Card (Qld)
- Working With Children Check (NSW and Vic)
- Living in Gold Coast region
- Be comfortable with working away from home for 3 weeks periods (then 1 week off)
- Be physically fit for this job
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An eye for detail and ability to interpret detailed plans and specifications as well as deploying workplace health and safety policies and procedures all the time
- Ability to plan ahead, efficiently manage time on-site, and complete projects on-time, on-budget, and within specifications
- Ability to be self-managed and performance oriented and also work in the team to get the best outcomes for the project and company
- Being punctual, reliable and disciplined, having pride of work, and having respect for staff, tools and equipment
- Ability to perform minor admin duties as required, receipt and checking of deliveries and other duties nominated by the project manager relevant to the safe delivery of the project
If successful you will receive an excellent salary with annual leave, sick leave and superannuation entitlements. An immediate start will be highly regarded.
If you are looking for a long-term career with a progressive company, in a team environment focused on enjoying profit sharing benefits, APPLY NOW.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this positions sound ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for the respective position. As such, the candidate’s residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest.