- Woollongong NSW – Make your mark
- Long Established – Innovative & Growing Group of Companies
- Commercially Focussed Role Supporting Senior Management
Combine your aviation passion & accounting exp. Exciting opportunity. Long term stable position with absolute leader in their field. Great potential
Privately owned business with multimillion $ turnover
Work Locally*Combine Your Aviation Passion & Accounting exp Exciting Opportunity*Stable Position*Leader In Their Field * Privately multimillion $ Co
Our client is a diverse aviation services provider with quality clients across Australia. They are seeking a highly motivated Company Accountant to join their tight knit head office team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the overall objective of this position is to take ownership for the entire finance function & ensure that all accounting & associated functions are completed to the standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry using ISO9100.
As you step into this busy role & hit the ground running quickly, your initial mission will be to move the full accounting function interstate. This requires the successful candidate to initially travel interstate to retrieve all relevant company information for between two – four weeks.
Once this is done your charter is to bring the accounts up-to-date. The long term position objective is to bring some of the accounting functions, which are currently being completed by the external accountants, in-house. In this constantly changing, never a dull moment organisation you may also be called on to assist with growing and diversifying their business.
As the group’s company accountant, reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the following:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- General ledger reconciliations
- Payroll – 40 + employees & contractors
- Associated statutory compliance including superannuation, & PAYG, payroll tax, Workcover etc.
- Business Activity Statements (BAS’s)
- Month end processing & reporting
- Cost Accounting, budget & forecast preparation
- Inter-company accounts
- Debt Collection
- Mail processing
- Preparing accounts for audits
- Liaising with auditors & external accountants
- Design of internal controls for financial systems
- Reviewing standard SOP’s
- Other ad-hoc projects & assistance to MD as required
Clearly, this is an all-encompassing role therefore no day may be the same.
Ideally you will come from a commercial environment where you have had broad, all-round responsibility for financial management of an expanding company.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have formal tertiary level Accounting qualifications
- Strong systems skills including Xero Accounting software & advanced Excel
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience as a company accountant in multifaceted organisation
- Experience in implementing or overhauling accounting & bookkeeping systems
- Switched on – superior attention to detail skills
- The ability to understand & meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge in the payroll function
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently & within a group
- Highly organised with strong ability to problem solve
- Adaptable – willingness to work long hours when required
- Possess a good sense of humour
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Interest in being an integral part of a management team, building & promoting leading edge technology
- Entrepreneurial spirit & prior experience working start-ups
- Comfortable working as a professional in a small team
- Possess a stable work history
- Prior aviation experience & working with ISO9100 preferred not essential
To apply for this job please visit cdmguru.com.