Our client is an International company which has provided a unique product marketing and sales marketplace for over 25 years with the Australian Head office located in South East Queensland. The Company offers its marketplace to its Member businesses (currently 20,000 and growing). The Company connects Member businesses in a marketplace where Members develop new connections and sales with each other.
The company is seeking a highly experienced executive to be Head of Sales and also manage the Marketing and Major Corporate Sponsorship acquisitions for the company.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- As GM Sales, you will ensure that the Company’s Australian sales teams are fully resourced and are professional, well-trained, motivated and effective
- The GM Sales is also responsible for driving new member growth and establishing sales targets and forecasts
- As GM Marketing, you are responsible for developing and implementing all of the Company’s marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities (both traditional and digital)
- The GM Marketing role also includes product and service forecasting, discovery of new markets and trends, and developing product pricing strategies based on market demand and competitor offerings
- Additionally, this role is also responsible for attracting and engaging Major Corporate Sponsors for the company in Australia
We are looking for someone who can actively add value through maintaining close working team-player relationships by networking and ideas sharing, delivering business Member delight. This reflects in more positive contributions from new Members, healthier transaction volumes and improved overall Customer Service Ratings.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Marketing degree qualification (or similar) and/or such substantial experience and proven performance that justifies engagement in an executive position such as this
- In-depth experience in managing and leading National Sales and Marketing Teams and achieving Team targets in $20M+ turnover companies (within a direct selling environment is advantageous)
- Solid understanding of direct B2B sales within both the Small-Medium sized Enterprises and Corporate sectors
- Extensive experience in traditional and digital marketing techniques
- Enviable achievement in Major Corporate Sponsorship engagement
- Proven history of achievement in your sales and marketing career eg regularly meeting or over achieving sales targets, conversion of leads into sales
- Well connected within your country’s business environment (and can thus set up initial leads)
- Proven ability to speak professionally with conviction and persuasive presentation
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills to recognise trends and opportunity in data and perception
- Good judgement, integrity, and common sense in decision-making
- High interpersonal skills that create rapport and affiliation
- Ability and willingness to travel widely and maintain relationships with Members, Sponsors and staff across Australia
- Excellent visioning, planning and goal setting skills and high-on-execution performance
- Sound leadership skills to coach, develop, mentor and motivate subordinates and effect successful change management within the Company
A very attractive executive salary package is available (circa $175k subject to proven experience and performance), with all the rewards of executive travel and Sponsorship engagement.
If you are a self-starter with a zest for the job, and are a loyal and dependable executive with a mature common sense approach to operational pressures, do not hesitate – apply for this job.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the Online application button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. As such, the candidate’s visa or residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest