Be the Best in Food & Beverage management
Our Client is owned and operated by an International Company with a chain of Hotels and Resorts. This resort is on a Great Barrier Reef Island exclusively for guests only (no day-trippers). They specialise in couples and family accommodation with holiday activities, including Great Barrier Reef adventures, pool and water sports, as well as Spa and leisure activities.
The Resort is well-established and has plans for refurbishment of the Resort facilities. They are now seeking an experienced 4 – 5 Star Resort Food & Beverage Manager to review, upgrade and then maintain an improved customer service delivery in their multiple Food and Beverage outlets. This is a hands on, live-in role ideally suited to an experienced Food & Beverage Manager with a mature outlook and the ability to lead, train and gain the respect of their staff to deliver more excellent service – making this Resort a renowned food and resort destination in this aquatic paradise.
Please note – This position is a being advertised simultaneously with an Executive Chef position. Engagement options being considered are:
- Appointment of individual applicants for the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef positions
- Appointment of a Couple (married/partnership) for the two Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef positions
- Appointment of a Couple (married/partnership) for one or other of the Food & Beverage Manager or Executive Chef positions, with the other partner employed elsewhere in the Resort
- Appointment of only one individual to a combined Food & Beverage Manager/ Executive Chef position with an appropriate increase in salary which reflects the accountability and demands of the combined position
To view the associated Executive Chef position, please click here:
About the Food & Beverage Mgr role
This is a senior leadership position requiring an experienced Food & Beverage Manager who aspires to play an integral part in the Resort’s push to refresh and deliver outstanding service in this truly unique working environment. The role has some great remote area benefits too – free accommodation, island travel and sports for the long-term employee, within an idyllic island lifestyle with sun, surf and sand on your doorstep every day!
You will be responsible for:
- Accountability and hands-on management of the Food & Beverage teams across the Resort to deliver best practice guest service in the Resorts multiple F & B outlets
- Designing and implementing improved customer service delivery to suit the Resort’s food style, quality and consistency, and to order/purchase stock and food product based on projections and occupancy
- In close liaison with the Executive Chef, actively contribute to the improvement of the Resort’s menus, product standards and quality assurance
- Developing, implementing and monitoring best practice guest service through leadership, training and development of the Food & Beverage team
- Proactive monitoring of guest feedback, taking steps to improve identified gaps, and create a culture of “special experiences – one guest at a time”
- Managing staff rosters, costs, and stock control – including payroll and budgetary control
- Recruitment and ongoing training and development of F & B team
- Driving sales and revenue growth while optimising costs without sacrificing service standards
- Fostering a collaborative team environment, managing continual staff training and performance, and encouraging career growth, within a safe and equal opportunity working environment
This is a permanent, full time, career position and an attractive career step for an already experienced high performance Food & Beverage Manager or a career boost for a less experienced F & B Manager willing to make their mark.
The Food & Beverage Manager position is ideally suited to an experienced F & B Manager who seeks the lifestyle benefits that an island resort lifestyle brings, who is a leader in training and developing F & B service staff skills and motivation for superior service, and who wants to make their mark in the food and beverage marketplace.
Ideally, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing best practice service
- Proven track record in leading, training, managing and motivating Food & Beverage teams
- Proven track record in managing costs, and increasing revenue
- Previous Experience as F&B Manager or assistant F&B Manager in Hotels/Resorts (4-star & above)
- Highly competent in staff training to maintain and improve service standards
- Opera/Micros POS experience highly desirable
- QLD RSA Certificate
- Highly developed interpersonal/communication skills with staff and customers
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- First Aid Certificate
Also, you would:
- Be passionate about the environment
- Have a love of marine life, boating, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Have a strong desire to save money
- Be familiar with or be willing to commit to island life (living in a remote closed community)
- Be stable and willing to commit to a minimum 1 – 2 year period
This is a senior role within this international company and a customer-driven applicant with outstanding leadership skills and experience would be preferred. A less experienced applicant who is ready for a step up to this highly regarded senior role and who can demonstrate a drive, passion, and capability to succeed would also be highly considered.
The position includes an excellent salary and free accommodation and transport to the Island, plus access to sports and subsidised holidays after a qualifying period.
If you have a burning desire to step up to this sort after position and make this highly regarded role your own – APPLY NOW.
HOW TO APPLY:
If these positions sound ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the online application button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for the respective position. As such, the candidate’s residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is a leading hospitality recruitment agency. We offer Executive search & Recruitment services (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We also provide a range of Career Coaching and Mentoring services.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest.