Our Client is a progressive and well-established landscaping company specialising in the creation of safe & enjoyable outdoor play areas for children at newly developed childcare centres. These are solid, profitable, good quality contracts across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Our Client is proud to be known for their high standards and meticulous attention to detail in all areas of their operations.
This growing company is currently looking for a hard-working and genuine commercial landscaper with proven records to meet rigorous quality and safety standards. This hands-on role requires you to work as part of a team to complete each project on-time, within budget and to detailed job specifications. We seek a strong, positive person with proven expertise in commercial landscaping projects completed to a very high standard.
The job involves a 3 weeks on -1 week off roster . Working 6days a week (Sundays off) you return to Base (Gold Coast) after the 3 week part of the roster. Paid weekly as a full-time employee you also have 4-weeks paid annual leave with full sick leave and superannuation entitlements. The successful candidate will be based in Gold Coast region and will travel to projects in metropolitan and regional areas across QLD, NSW and Victoria. All flights/travel to and from the Gold Coast and all accommodation will be paid for by the company, including transport for business and personal use whilst interstate.
- Stability of a full-time permanent position due to a steady pipeline of upcoming projects
- Shared profit bonuses for completing projects on-time and within budget, and for return of all tools and equipment undamaged and in good condition
- Quality accommodation provided (eg shared AirBNB, motel, home stays etc not caravan accommodation)
- All accommodation and transport costs included
- No quoting or job-winning required
- 3 weeks shutdown over Christmas
This is an honest, clean living company and expects high standards of its staff, including a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol on the job.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with installation of all landscape & playground materials. Including but not limited to drainage, soft scapes, irrigation systems, hard scapes, play equipment, shade structures and surface treatments.
- Assist with site set out with particular regard to finish levels and layout.
- Communicate daily with PM/Foreman about any issues that are working well or could be improved with regards to safety and productivity.
- Ensure any prestart checks are carried out on plant/equipment before use and monitor record keeping.
- Operate mini loader.
- Competently use all power/motorised/air/battery operated tools and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining security and housekeeping of any tools/equipment/materials left on site during day and or overnight.
- Assist with ensure tools/equipment are packed away safely/securely and put away in the truck
- Assist with maintaining the truck and equipment in good working order.
- Assist with keeping the truck/equipment secure and locked when not in use.
- Adhere to all Work Health and Safety Policies including random drugs and alcohol testing and conducting daily Toolbox Talks
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Commercial Landscaping, creating playgrounds
- Qualifications in landscaping
- Proven ability to perform the majority of landscaping skills including site excavation, drainage, shade structures, light foundations, concrete path construction, landscape carpentry, retaining walls and paving, drainage, creating garden beds, play equipment installation, planting, irrigation and artificial turf installation
- Current Manual Drivers Licence
- Ability to obtain the relevant working-with-children certifications:
Blue Card (Qld) or Working With Children Check (NSW and Vic)
- Currently living in Gold Coast region
- Be comfortable with working away from home for 3 weeks periods (then 1 week off)
- Be physically fit for this job
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to be self-managed and performance oriented, while working in a close team environment
- Being punctual, reliable and disciplined, having pride of work, and having respect for staff, tools and equipment
If successful you will receive an excellent salary with annual leave, sick leave and superannuation entitlements. This role is ideal for someone who wants a stable long term position. An immediate start will be highly regarded.
If you are looking for a long-term career with a progressive company, APPLY NOW.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sound ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the online application button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for the respective position. As such, the candidate’s residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please contact us through our website
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest.