About the Position
This newly created position offers career progression opportunities whilst enjoying a quality family friendly work/life balance.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the completion of a range of compliance and business advisory matters for a portfolio of clients.
You will enjoy working in an Inner-west Brisbane suburb, in modern well-appointed offices, conveniently located close to public transport train/bus. There is also free undercover car parking.
Working closely with and being mentored by senior Directors you will be working on a range of portfolios, including family groups, investors, small businesses (Doctors, Dentists, Trades, Retail, and Manufacturers etc.). The role requires frequent customer-facing work requiring strong customer relationship skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing Tax Returns/BAS/Financial Statements and regular compliance work for individuals/sole traders, partnerships, trusts and companies
- Provide assistance with the tax planning process including preparing calculations, analysis and schedules
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, cash flows and financial forecasts
- Liaising with clients
- Coordinating and conducting research and assist with advice
- Preparing of management reports
- Attending regular training
- Display high personal standards of professionalism, cleanliness, presentation and punctuality.
- Protect and maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in performing duties and professional responsibilities
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, successful firm that truly values their staff and who have created a culture that people want to be a part of.
This is a permanent part time position (or can be a contract role), ideally suited to a CA or CPA Qualified or near qualified Accountant who is seeking to further establish their career in an active growing Chartered Accountancy Firm.
You will be gain experience working with a range of small-medium sized business clients and you should be confident working both autonomously and in a team.
For you to succeed in the role, you will need to have strong and effective communications skills, both written and verbal, with a sound Tax background that will be vital. Ideally you will have the following attributes and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an Accounting CA or CPA Practice
- Australian tertiary qualification in a Bachelor of Commerce (or similar), majoring in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualified, or near completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with client meetings, or the confidence to be able to progress to client meetings
- Current experience with Xero and MYOB is essential
- Current experience with QuickBooks Online will be favourable but is non-essential
- Proven ability to work within budgets
- A strong commitment to progressing your career in a Chartered Accountancy Practice
A market competitive salary package is on offer, along with a family-friendly lifestyle and professional development. There is also a performance and loyalty-based reward and recognition programme in place.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sound ideal for you, please submit your résumé and covering application letter via the online application button below.
Please note, only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for the respective position. As such, the candidate’s residency status will be checked.
If, however, this role is not quite right for you, and you are looking for a change & would like a confidential initial conversation, please email us through our website:
Career Development & Management Guru is unique. We are an Executive Search Firm & a Recruitment Agency (Permanent, Contract & Temporary). We proudly source top talent for local, national & international clients. We offer a range of Human Resource Services and workshops. We also provide a range of Career Development & Management, Job Search & Résumé services tailored to the individual needs of entrepreneurs, their team & for individuals.
When this position has been filled a notification will be placed on our website. Our website also lists other job vacancies and useful employment and career information.
On our Facebook page we post a notification when jobs are filled, job vacancies, and résumé, interview and career tips. We also post announcements regarding upcoming workshops and webinars.
To stay connected we invite you to LIKE
Thank you for your time and your interest.